1. As a best practice, download Adobe Reader, if you do not already have it, to modify the forms.
2. Download Welcome to Arkansas pdf templates below and save them to your computer.
3. Open Adobe Reader. Go to the File tab >> “Open File…” (then Select the saved PDF).
4. To customize templates, simply complete the blanks. Before clicking into the text boxes, hover your mouse over the box. Instructions on what to include in each box will appear in a yellow box. Adhere to the tips and type into the blanks.
5. Each template has been designed to standard paper sizes for easy printing at your office or at a local copy shop. If possible, use sturdy, high-quality paper for invitations, counter cards and posters.
6. Contact Jessica Ledbetter 501-682-1676 with questions.
Invite managers and front-line workers from businesses who come in contact with visitors, such as restaurants, hotels, convenience stores, Main Street partners, parks, local attractions, gift and antique shops, banks, resorts, outdoor outfitters, RV parks and more.
Send invitations to chamber members, but don’t stop there. Mail them to others you have identified as a part of your primary audience. Remember, well-trained citizens benefit the entire community.
Download Invitation here. Invitation has been designed to fit a standard 4”x9” business envelope.
Some distribution ideas include:
Download Counter Card here. Print on 8.5”x11” paper. Two counter cards print per page. Simply cut along the dotted line.
Download Poster here. Print on 11”x17” paper.
Download Flyer here. Print on 8.5”x11” paper.
Post messages on the chamber of commerce and/or city Facebook page if you have one. Also, consider creating an event page on Facebook to promote the training session by inviting guests and allowing them to RSVP there.
Download Social Media Messages here. Blue font indicates customizable portions of the post and provides instruction on information to include.
Invite media outlets, such as newspapers, TV stations, radio stations, etc. Members of the media are always interested in news affecting their communities. Invite them to cover your event.
Download Media Advisory for class led by local trainer here.for class led by local trainer here. Blue font indicates customizable portions of the document and provides instruction on information to include.
Download Media Advisory for class led by Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism here. Blue font indicates customizable portions of the document and provides instruction on information to include.
Reporters are accustomed to receiving media kits at news conferences. Media kits contain information that the reporter may later draw upon to prepare a story about the announcement. Provide media kits to reporters who attend the training session. After the event, you can also follow up thanking them for attending with a copy of the press release and any photos that were taken. It is also a good idea to send this information to reporters who did not come.
To prepare media kits, print fact sheet and news release and package in a simple folder.
Download Fact Sheet here. Fact Sheet does not need to be customized.